GEOSTATS: Coverage(s) of Zimbabwe

  • Norm Finkelstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 1998
      Hello,

      I would appreciate very much if somebody could suggest where I can obtain
      /download thematic coverages of Zimbabwe; of primary interest is the
      provincial boundary theme. If somebody could share that one with me --
      that would do too; any vector formats (*.e00, *.shp, *.dxf, *.mif,
      COG0/ASCII) would do.

      Thank you
      |+-----------------------------+---------------------------------------+|
      || Norm Finkelstein, Analyst | Institute of Environment and Health ||
      || GIS and Geostatistics | School of Geography and Geology and ||
      || Environmental Health | Envir. Chemistry and Toxicology Group ||
      || Air Pollution | McMaster University ||
      || Meteorology | Hamilton, ON, L8S 4K1, Canada ||
      |+-- --+-- --+|
      || finkelst@...; (905) 525-9140, x27050 ||
      |+---------------------------------------------------------------------+|

    • Chuck Ellis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 1998
        Norm-- on our FTP site at:

        ftp://www.maconusa.com

        is the file:

        zimbabwe.zip

        This file (no password required) contains the Admin0 (country outline),
        Admin1, Admin2, and Admin3 boundaries for Zimbabwe in Shapefile format, as
        well as major highways, rail, rivers & lakes, with a gazetteer. This is a
        cut from Macon's "WorldMap" product; please feel free to use the Zimbabwe
        maps in whatever manner and with whatever deployment is necessary for your
        research.

        Chuck Ellis
        MaconUSA