Re: GEOSTATS: Postgraduate in Geostatistics

  • Lynette BLOOM
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
      Dear Agus

      At Edith Cowan University in Perth , in Western Australia, you can enrol
      in an MSc (Mathematics and Planning) and do a project in eith GIS or
      Geostatistics. If you have an honours degree you can proceed directly to
      the thesis stage. If you have a pass degree only then you first do a
      coursework stage where you can choose coursework units in these areas.

      Further details can be obtained from the Edith Cowan University home page

      http://www.cowan.edu.au/

      or from Dr David McDougall at

      d.mcdougall@...

      Best wishes

      Lyn Bloom

      Dr Lyn Bloom

      Senior Lecturer
      School of Engineering and Mathematics

      Edith Cowan University

      email: l.bloom@...

      On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Agus Salim wrote:

      > I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
      > I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
      > Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
      > a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
      > Many thanks,
      > Agus Salim
      > CIFOR Statistics Consultant
      > JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
      > Indonesia

    • Yoshiro Nagao
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
        Salama siang. Apar kabar?

        I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
        over the world.

        Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
        software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

        Agus Salim <A.SALIM@...> sama said:
        >I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
        >I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
        >Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
        >a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
        >Many thanks,
        >Agus Salim
        >CIFOR Statistics Consultant
        >JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
        >Indonesia

        Yoshiro Nagao
        International Centre for Medical Research
        8-13 Egamicho, Nishinomiya
        6620855 Japan
        FAX: +81-798-22-0678
      • Gregoire Dubois
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
          Yoshiro Nagao wrote:

          > Salama siang. Apar kabar?
          >
          > I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
          > over the world.
          >
          > Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
          > software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

          Dear all,

          just a reminder: I have put a form on the web to announce courses
          (short courses, workshops, courses at universities) at

          http://curie.ei.jrc.it/courses/index.htm

          So this could be a place to start with. There are 13 announcements so far.

          Hope this will help.

          Best regards

          Gregoire
          --

          Gregoire Dubois Tel. 39-(0)332-78.99.44
          Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-(0)332-78.54.66

          Telephone numbers in Italy will change from June 19 1998.
          The area code number will be integrated into the user's number,
          including the first 0.