Re: GEOSTATS: Postgraduate in Geostatistics

  • Matthew Kay
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 1998
      Hi Agus,

      With regard to masters degrees in geostats, I suggest you have a look at
      the WH Bryan Mining Geology Research Centre at the University of
      Queensland, Brisbane. Its website is www.minmet.uq.edu.au/~bryan

      The BRC is a good place to study - but then again I'm biased as I'm a
      post-grad student there!

      regards

      matthew

      At 02:30 AM 7/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
      >I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
      >I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
      >Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
      >a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
      >Many thanks,
      >Agus Salim
      >CIFOR Statistics Consultant
      >JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
      >Indonesia

      Matthew Kay
      Postgraduate Student
      WH Bryan Mining Geology Research Centre
      The University of Queensland
      Qld, 4072, Australia
      Voice: (617) 3365-1674
      Fax: (617) 3365-7028
      Email: mkay@...
      Home Page: http://www.minmet.uq.edu.au/~bryan
    • Lynette BLOOM
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
        Dear Agus

        At Edith Cowan University in Perth , in Western Australia, you can enrol
        in an MSc (Mathematics and Planning) and do a project in eith GIS or
        Geostatistics. If you have an honours degree you can proceed directly to
        the thesis stage. If you have a pass degree only then you first do a
        coursework stage where you can choose coursework units in these areas.

        Further details can be obtained from the Edith Cowan University home page

        http://www.cowan.edu.au/

        or from Dr David McDougall at

        d.mcdougall@...

        Best wishes

        Lyn Bloom

        Dr Lyn Bloom

        Senior Lecturer
        School of Engineering and Mathematics

        Edith Cowan University

        email: l.bloom@...

        On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Agus Salim wrote:

        > I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
        > I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
        > Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
        > a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
        > Many thanks,
        > Agus Salim
        > CIFOR Statistics Consultant
        > JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
        > Indonesia

      • Yoshiro Nagao
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
          Salama siang. Apar kabar?

          I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
          over the world.

          Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
          software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

          Agus Salim <A.SALIM@...> sama said:
          >I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
          >I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
          >Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
          >a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
          >Many thanks,
          >Agus Salim
          >CIFOR Statistics Consultant
          >JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
          >Indonesia

          Yoshiro Nagao
          International Centre for Medical Research
          8-13 Egamicho, Nishinomiya
          6620855 Japan
          FAX: +81-798-22-0678
        • Gregoire Dubois
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
            Yoshiro Nagao wrote:

            > Salama siang. Apar kabar?
            >
            > I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
            > over the world.
            >
            > Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
            > software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

            Dear all,

            just a reminder: I have put a form on the web to announce courses
            (short courses, workshops, courses at universities) at

            http://curie.ei.jrc.it/courses/index.htm

            So this could be a place to start with. There are 13 announcements so far.

            Hope this will help.

            Best regards

            Gregoire
            --

            Gregoire Dubois Tel. 39-(0)332-78.99.44
            Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-(0)332-78.54.66

            Telephone numbers in Italy will change from June 19 1998.
            The area code number will be integrated into the user's number,
            including the first 0.