GEOSTATS: Postgraduate in Geostatistics

  • Agus Salim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 1998
      I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
      I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
      Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
      a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
      Many thanks,
      Agus Salim
      CIFOR Statistics Consultant
      JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
      Indonesia
    • Matthew Kay
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 1998
        Hi Agus,

        With regard to masters degrees in geostats, I suggest you have a look at
        the WH Bryan Mining Geology Research Centre at the University of
        Queensland, Brisbane. Its website is www.minmet.uq.edu.au/~bryan

        The BRC is a good place to study - but then again I'm biased as I'm a
        post-grad student there!

        regards

        matthew

        At 02:30 AM 7/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
        >I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
        >I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
        >Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
        >a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
        >Many thanks,
        >Agus Salim
        >CIFOR Statistics Consultant
        >JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
        >Indonesia

        Matthew Kay
        Postgraduate Student
        WH Bryan Mining Geology Research Centre
        The University of Queensland
        Qld, 4072, Australia
        Voice: (617) 3365-1674
        Fax: (617) 3365-7028
        Email: mkay@...
        Home Page: http://www.minmet.uq.edu.au/~bryan
      • Lynette BLOOM
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
          Dear Agus

          At Edith Cowan University in Perth , in Western Australia, you can enrol
          in an MSc (Mathematics and Planning) and do a project in eith GIS or
          Geostatistics. If you have an honours degree you can proceed directly to
          the thesis stage. If you have a pass degree only then you first do a
          coursework stage where you can choose coursework units in these areas.

          Further details can be obtained from the Edith Cowan University home page

          http://www.cowan.edu.au/

          or from Dr David McDougall at

          d.mcdougall@...

          Best wishes

          Lyn Bloom

          Dr Lyn Bloom

          Senior Lecturer
          School of Engineering and Mathematics

          Edith Cowan University

          email: l.bloom@...

          On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Agus Salim wrote:

          > I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
          > I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
          > Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
          > a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
          > Many thanks,
          > Agus Salim
          > CIFOR Statistics Consultant
          > JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
          > Indonesia

        • Yoshiro Nagao
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
            Salama siang. Apar kabar?

            I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
            over the world.

            Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
            software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

            Agus Salim <A.SALIM@...> sama said:
            >I am on the way to apply for a scholarship funded by Australian Government.
            >I would like to take master degree in geostatistics or GIS modelling in any
            >Australian University. Does Anybody know some universities which offer
            >a master course in goestatisitcs/ GIS modelling ?
            >Many thanks,
            >Agus Salim
            >CIFOR Statistics Consultant
            >JL. CIFOR Situ gede Sindang Barang Bogor 16880
            >Indonesia

            Yoshiro Nagao
            International Centre for Medical Research
            8-13 Egamicho, Nishinomiya
            6620855 Japan
            FAX: +81-798-22-0678
          • Gregoire Dubois
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 1998
              Yoshiro Nagao wrote:

              > Salama siang. Apar kabar?
              >
              > I would also like to know about other courses of geostatistics
              > over the world.
              >
              > Their characteristics(e.g. mining, ecoloby, entomology),
              > software used, price(for MSc, PhD), accessibility for mathematical amateurs.

              Dear all,

              just a reminder: I have put a form on the web to announce courses
              (short courses, workshops, courses at universities) at

              http://curie.ei.jrc.it/courses/index.htm

              So this could be a place to start with. There are 13 announcements so far.

              Hope this will help.

              Best regards

              Gregoire
              --

              Gregoire Dubois Tel. 39-(0)332-78.99.44
              Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-(0)332-78.54.66

              Telephone numbers in Italy will change from June 19 1998.
              The area code number will be integrated into the user's number,
              including the first 0.