GEOSTATS: Logistic regression

  • Yoshiro Nagao
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 1998
      Hello,
      I have used logistic regression to see the correlation
      between spatial variables.

      As I can not understand well enough what you would like to do,
      please forgive me if my answer is stupid.

      What I did is;
      First get(interpolate) values of independent variables
      by interpolation of appropriate kind for each the grid
      where the dependent variable is located.

      Then export the (y,x1,x2,x3,...)
      into ascii file. [ y:dependent variable, x1,x2..:independent variable]

      Import the ascii file into such software packages as
      STATA, SPLUS, etc.

      Now you can do logistic regression.

      Contribution of each independent variable is depicted in
      forms of odds ratio or p-value.

      The fitness of regression model can be
      shown as maximum likelihood, hosmer-lemeshow fitness, Wald-test or chi^2.

      I am not sure ARC/INFO has such the function of exportation.
      I made program of some sort myself.

      This mail address is temporary.

      Yoshiro Nagao
      International Centre for Medical Research
      Kobe University School of Medicine

      I am trying to use logistic regression analysis to
      predict land cover types particularly cropland in Mountain
      region from differtent thematic data ( temp, reainfall etc.)
      The cutoff probability of the predicted surface will be used as
      a priori probability for maximum likelihood classification of RS
      image. I am using ARC/INFO GRID module. My question is how
      can I check the contribution of explanatory variables.
      I am trying to link it with Bayesian model. How can I do that in
      Arc/Info? Is my approach correct? Has anyone used Logistic regression
      for predicting land cover types? Could anybody suggest me
      any reference in the web resource? Any suugestion please.