GEOSTATS: Logistic Multiple regression

  • Iftikhar U. Sikder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 1998
      Hello !

      I am trying to use logistic regression analysis to
      predict land cover types particularly cropland in Mountain
      region from differtent thematic data ( temp, reainfall etc.)
      The cutoff probability of the predicted surface will be used as
      a priori probability for maximum likelihood classification of RS
      image. I am using ARC/INFO GRID module. My question is how
      can I check the contribution of explanatory variables.
      I am trying to link it with Bayesian model. How can I do that in
      Arc/Info? Is my approach correct? Has anyone used Logistic regression
      for predicting land cover types? Could anybody suggest me
      any reference in the web resource? Any suugestion please.

      Thanks

      I. Sikder