Re: GEOSTATS: Data Translation

  • Philip Sargent
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 1998
      There are loads of commercial OCX components that purported to do this sort
      of thing, but there seems to have been a market shake-out and many web
      pages have vanished in the past 6 months. Some are still there, but not
      quite what you want, e.g. $800 will buy
      http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/apptranf.htm

      Mizar have good information on their product, but it seems to be only a
      microstation add-on:
      http://saturn.bentley.com/products/geocoord/techspec.htm

      Look through these lists:
      http://www.wessex.com/OCX/pl.htm
      http://www.sylvanmaps.com/toolchst.htm

      I haven't used any of these, but I attempted to do a survey of this type of
      product a year ago.
      --Philip Sargent
      Visiting Scientist. # 135, Edificio 26a. TP 262, JRC, 21020 Ispra (VA),
      Italia
      Opinions expressed are my own and certainly not those of the JRC.

      > From: rchao@...
      > Date: 02 July 1998 18:05
      > I work with map data from a wide array of sources that comes in several
      formats (ArcView, ArcInfo, MapInfo, AutoCAD, etc.), different projections,
      datums, and/or coordinate systems. I am looking for advice on how to best
      combine map data from these different sources and formats into a single
      display. In particular, how to reproject maps or unproject map data? I've
      looked into FME, a data translator by FME and would like to hear from
      others.