Re: GEOSTATS: Data Translation

  • Chuck Ellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 1998
      I have the FME Pro version and am extremely impressed with it. The GUI is,
      however, limited to a few of the major translations, so you need to learn
      the product's scripting language to take full advantage of it. This is not
      at all easy or even intuitive, but is certainly worth it. Beware of the
      generalization tools-- it has quite consistently mangled any polygon
      topology I have thrown at it.

      Chuck Ellis
      MaconUSA

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 1998
        There are loads of commercial OCX components that purported to do this sort
        of thing, but there seems to have been a market shake-out and many web
        pages have vanished in the past 6 months. Some are still there, but not
        quite what you want, e.g. $800 will buy
        http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/apptranf.htm

        Mizar have good information on their product, but it seems to be only a
        microstation add-on:
        http://saturn.bentley.com/products/geocoord/techspec.htm

        Look through these lists:
        http://www.wessex.com/OCX/pl.htm
        http://www.sylvanmaps.com/toolchst.htm

        I haven't used any of these, but I attempted to do a survey of this type of
        product a year ago.
        --Philip Sargent
        Visiting Scientist. # 135, Edificio 26a. TP 262, JRC, 21020 Ispra (VA),
        Italia
        Opinions expressed are my own and certainly not those of the JRC.