GEOSTATS: NO replicated sample points

  • Vincenzo Matassa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 1998
      Dear All
      I would be interested to know of a some reading
      material/references relating to applications in geostatistics where the
      data sampled has NO replication, i.e., the data encountered is considered
      as a (non-random) sample from one realization of a random function.

      Kind Regards

      Vince

      Vince Matassa
      Department Of Agriculture
      BIOMETRICS SECTION
      University Of Queensland
      Brisbane 4072
      Australia

    • Joao Felipe Costa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 1998
        Vincenzo Matassa wrote:

        > Dear All
        > I would be interested to know of a some reading
        > material/references relating to applications in geostatistics where
        > the
        > data sampled has NO replication, i.e., the data encountered is
        > considered
        > as a (non-random) sample from one realization of a random function.
        >
        > Kind Regards
        >
        > Vince
        >
        > Vince Matassa
        > Department Of Agriculture
        > BIOMETRICS SECTION
        > University Of Queensland
        > Brisbane 4072
        > Australia

        Hi Vince,

        As far as I know the hypothesis you mentioned (no replication of
        samples) is the case for the foundation of the entire Regionalised
        Variables theory (geostats)
        so, what you are looking for is a basic textbook in geostat.

        regards

        J. Felipe Costa, MSc, PhD home:(55)(51)2229321
        Assistant Professor work:(55)(51)3163357
        Mining Engineering Dept.
        Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Fax (work)
        Av. Osvaldo Aranha 99/504 (55)(51)3163394
        Porto Alegre - 90035-190 (55)(51)3163988
        Brazil

        home page: http://www.lapes.ufrgs.br