GEOSTATS: RE: GSLIB on PC?

  • Eric Lorup
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 1998
      Yoshiro,

      on the CDROM that comes with the second edition of this book there is a
      subdirectory holding DOS executable binaries. And as long as the size
      limitations are fine with you, they do work well. I use them under
      Windows NT 4.0, convert produced Postscript outputs with Adobe Distiller
      to PDFs (can also be done with GhostScrpt + GhostView PS emulation
      software).

      Back in 1995 (think so) I compiled the FORTRAN source from first edition
      with MS FORTRAN 5.0, which also did it for my purposes. Also compilation
      with MS Fortran Powerstation 4.0 did its job. To really get more out of
      the source re size limitations, you would have to rewrite and port the
      code to C/C++ or FORTRAN 99, etc. where one can dynamically size arrays
      during runtime.

      With best regards
      eric j. lorup
      UNIGIS Salzburg