GEOSTATS: Point Moran's I

  • Yoshiro Nagao
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 1998
      Suppose "Point Moran's I" is defined here as
      contribution of each Xi (value at i_th point) to Moran's I.

      APIi: Actual, or in other words, observed PI calculated for Xi

      Then Xi are permutated randomly many times, say, 1,000 times.
      For each permutation, Point Moran's I ( tempPIi) is calculated.

      (1)If the above APIi is within lower 5% of tempPIi array( within lower 50 ),
      can it be said that Xi is 'spatial outlier'( point of too low/high value)?

      (2)If the above APIi is within upper 5% of tempPIi array( within upper 50 ),
      can it be said that Xi is in cluster( ' Hot Spot' )?

      Or else, point I is just meaningless to locate spatial abnormality?
      ( I found point I is stable by random permutation. )

      By the way, apart from Moran's I, are there any good and simple algorithm
      which can 'locate' a spatial abnormality using Random Permutation?

      I am afraid( and nearly sure) that my English is failing to
      transfer what I would like to say.

      Yoshiro Nagao ( Y-Nagao )
      International Centre for Medical Research
      Kobe University School of Medicine