GEOSTATS: PPA

  • arthur getis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 1998
      We have produced a Point Pattern Analysis (PPA) software package
      that may be of interest to you. It contains the following:

      Basic descriptive statistics
      Nearest neighbor analysis
      Refined nearest neighbor analysis
      K-function analysis
      Weighted K-function analysis
      The Knox space-time model
      Join-count analysis
      Global Moran's I
      Global Geary's c
      General Getis-Ord G
      Local Moran's I
      Local Gi(d)
      Local Gi*(d)
      Local K-function

      The package is written in C and can run in DOS, DOS program in Windows,
      and UNIX. A disk contains the executable files. A 25-page manual
      outlines general instructions and the simple rules for running each
      routine. No attempt is made to explain the basic meaning of each analysis
      routine but some references are given. To cover our costs of materials, time,
      packaging, and posting, we will be pleased to receive $15. In the spirit of
      academic sharing, our developmental time and energy are free. Please
      consider this a beta version. We fully expect to make some changes in the
      next few months based on users' experiences.

      For a copy please get in touch with

      Art Getis
      Department of Geography
      San Diego State University