GEOSTATS: 1/r

  • Yoshiro Nagao
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 1998
      Hello

      I made a program which calculates p-value of
      spatial correlation between two variables(Xi, Yj),
      following some advices which I obtained from ai-geostats,
      ( Bi-variate Moran's I).

      This program uses inverse distance( 1/r )
      for weighting ( Wij ).

      However, if the above two variables
      are always sampled at same points,
      Wij will be +infinite for Xi,Yi and
      the correlation will not be 'spatial'.

      How can I cope with r=0 ?

      There seems to be following solution;

      (1)categorize distance into finite classes.

      (2)Take only Xi, Yj ( i != j ) into calculation

      (3)Adopt different weighting strategy

      I would appreciate your suggestion of any kind.

      Yoshiro Nagao ( Y-Nagao )