GEOSTATS: Announcing GEOVISION 99. The place to be!

  • Eric PIRARD
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 2:54 AM
      Dear Geodata explorers,

      I am pleased to announce
      GEOVISION 99
      the first Symposium on Imaging Applications in Geology
      to be held in Liège (Belgium)
      May 6-7, 1999
      visit us at :
      http://www.lgih.ulg.ac.be/geovision

      want to receive the First Circular ?
      send a message to fcheslet@...

      The organising committee strongly believes that GeoVision '99 can become a
      stimulating forum for the development of imaging and related disciplines in
      the Earth Sciences. Particular attention will be given to papers with
      applications in : Remote Sensing, Geophysics, Petrographical Image
      Analysis, Industrial vision in mineral processes, ... and many more fields
      of geoimaging.

      GEOVISION '99 (aims and scope in brief)

      Visual information has formed the basis of geological knowledge for
      centuries.
      It is not exaggerated to say that new sensing technologies coupled with
      powerful data acquisition systems have revolutionised the way we think and
      observe our planet Earth. The electronic eye has extended our sensibility
      far outside the visible spectrum and our scale of perception now ranges
      from tectonic plates down to atomic arrangements. It is certainly a
      challenge for geologists and engineers to master the new imaging
      technologies and develop quantitative measurements that will allow to
      refine the existing models.

      The main topics to be dealt with at GeoVision '99 are :

      Image Acquisition (sensors, calibration, inversion,...)
      Image Processing (filtering, classification,...)
      Image Analysis (size, shape, texture,...)