GEOSTATS: sampling pattern

  • Nicola Fohrer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10 3:43 AM
      Hi there,

      I am looking for information about the best sampling technique to
      estimate variograms of soil properties and applying ko-kriging
      afterwards as interpolation method.

      thanx

      Nicola Fohrer

      ********************************
      Dr. sc. agr. Nicola Fohrer
      Wissenschaftliche Assistentin
      Institut fuer Landeskultur
      Senckenbergstr. 3
      35 390 Giessen
      Tel:0641/99 37385
      Fax:0641/99 37389
      email:Nicola.Fohrer@...-giessen.de

    • Dubois Gregoire
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11 3:25 PM
        Nicola Fohrer wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I am looking for information about the best sampling technique to
        > estimate variograms of soil properties and applying ko-kriging
        > afterwards as interpolation method.
        >
        > thanx
        >
        > Nicola Fohrer

        Hello,

        2 people who have done a big work in this field are Burgess and Webster.

        The succession of their papers is really nice because of the continuity.

        Burgess T.M. & R. Webster. 1980a. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
        properties. I The semi-variogram and punctual kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 315-331

        Burgess T.M. & R. Webster. 1980b. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
        properties. II Block Kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 333-341

        WEBSTER R. & BURGESS T.M. 1980c. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
        properties. III Changing drift and universal kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 505-524

        Burgess T.M. R. Webster, A.B. McBratney. 1980d. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
        properties. II Sampling strategy". Journal of Soil Science, 32, pp 643-659

        WEBSTER R. & BURGESS T.M. 1984. "Sampling and bulking strategies for estimating soil
        properties in small regions". Journal of Soil Science, 35, pp 127-140.

        Regards,

        Gregoire

        --
        Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12 12:35 AM
          Nicola Fohrer wrote:

          > Hi there,
          >
          > I am looking for information about the best sampling technique to
          > estimate variograms of soil properties and applying ko-kriging
          > afterwards as interpolation method.
          >
          > thanx
          >
          > Nicola Fohrer

          Hello,

          2 people who have done a big work in this field are Burgess and Webster.

          The succession of their papers is really nice because of the continuity.

          Burgess T.M. & R. Webster. 1980a. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
          properties. I The semi-variogram and punctual kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 315-331

          Burgess T.M. & R. Webster. 1980b. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
          properties. II Block Kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 333-341

          WEBSTER R. & BURGESS T.M. 1980c. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
          properties. III Changing drift and universal kriging". Journal of Soil Science, 31, pp 505-524

          Burgess T.M. R. Webster, A.B. McBratney. 1980d. "Optimal interpolation and isarithmic mapping of soil
          properties. II Sampling strategy". Journal of Soil Science, 32, pp 643-659

          WEBSTER R. & BURGESS T.M. 1984. "Sampling and bulking strategies for estimating soil
          properties in small regions". Journal of Soil Science, 35, pp 127-140.

          Regards,

          Gregoire

          --
          Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
          Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
          Environment Inst. TP 321 Email: gregoire.dubois@...
          I-21020 Ispra (Va), ITALY URL: http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/

          ********************************
          Dr. sc. agr. Nicola Fohrer
          Wissenschaftliche Assistentin
          Institut fuer Landeskultur
          Senckenbergstr. 3
          35 390 Giessen
          Tel:0641/99 37385
          Fax:0641/99 37389
          email:Nicola.Fohrer@...-giessen.de

        • Brad Robbins (BIO)
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 1997
            Can someone please recommend a share(free)ware program that does matrix
            algebra calculations? Thanks.

            Bradley D. Robbins brobbins@...
            Dept. of Biology 813-974-5420 (voice)
            University of South Florida 813=974=3263 (fax)
            4202 E. Fowler Ave.
            Tampa, FL 33620-5150

            "I'd like to see a nature film where an eagle swoops down
            and pulls a fish out of a lake, and then maybe he's flying
            along, low to the ground, and the fish pulls a worm out of
            the ground. Now that would be a documentary."

            Jack Handy

          • Karl Martin Syring
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 1997
              It may be a bit of overkill, but the symbolic math package Mupad
              http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/MuPAD/
              should meet your requirements.

              Regards
              Karl