GEOSTATS: software

  • Alano, Penny
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 1998
      I am reviewing statistical software to buy to be used for spatial and
      multivariate statistics for applied research. I have been using a demo of
      S-plus and I really like it.

      Based on the demo, a colleague told me that for basic statistics S-plus has
      limitations when compared to SPSS, SYSTAT, and SAS.

      I would appreciate any comments or advice.

      P Alano
      Coal geologist
      Indiana Geological Survey