GEOSTATS: Distance Education in Spatial Statistics?

  • Noah, Michael POJ
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 1998
      I was just wondering if the collective on this list would happen to know
      of any "distance education" courses that address applied spatial
      statistics. My background in this field has been self-taught to date,
      and without doubt, driven by a need to address specific project-related
      problems. I'd sure like to round out my background - connect the random
      dots of information, so to speak.

      Any help?? Thanks!!

      Mata ne,
      Michael

      <<...>>
      US Army Corps
      of Engineers
      Japan District

      Michael D. Noah, Ecologist 011-81-311-763-5065
      Box 81 (CEPOJ-PP-E) 011-81-311-763-8869 FAX
      APO AP 96338-5010

      Michael.Noah@... <mailto:Michael.Noah@...>

    • Yoshiro Nagao
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 1998
        Hello, Michael

        You may have seen my previous posting on distance learning.
        I got information from http://www.unigis.org or unigis@...
        Their course provides up to Master of Science,
        but their interest seems to be GIS(ArcView, IDRISI) and
        not academic geostatics. So I have not tried it yet.

        You can obtain application form from the above address, or else
        I can send one by fax or mail to your base.

        Domo.

        "Noah, Michael POJ" <Michael.Noah@...> sama said:
        >I was just wondering if the collective on this list would happen to know
        >of any "distance education" courses that address applied spatial
        >statistics. My background in this field has been self-taught to date,
        >and without doubt, driven by a need to address specific project-related
        >problems. I'd sure like to round out my background - connect the random
        >dots of information, so to speak.
        >
        >Any help?? Thanks!!
        >
        >Mata ne,
        >Michael
        >
        > <<...>>
        >US Army Corps
        >of Engineers
        >Japan District

        Nagao Yoshiro
        International Centre for Medical Research
        Kobe University School of Medicine
        nagapee@...
        mobile: 080-874-6235
      • Pierre Goovaerts
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 1998
          Hello Michael,

          The School of Earth Sciences at Stanford University provides
          graduate courses through a distance Education Program.
          Of particular interest to you is the class PE 240
          entitled "Geostatistics for Spatial Phenomena".
          The instructor is Andre Journel!
          You can get more information by consulting the website
          http://scpd.stanford.edu/cee/courses/earth_sciences.html

          Regards,

          Pierre Goovaerts

          ________ ________
          | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts
          |_ \ / _| Assistant professor
          | | The University of Michigan
          _| |_\ /_| |_
          | |\ /| | E-mail: goovaert@...
          |________| \/ |________| Phone: (734) 936-0141
          Fax: (734) 763-2275

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 1998
            Hello Michael,

            The School of Earth Sciences at Stanford University provides
            graduate courses through a distance Education Program.
            Of particular interest to you is the class PE 240
            entitled "Geostatistics for Spatial Phenomena".
            The instructor is Andre Journel!
            You can get more information by consulting the website
            http://scpd.stanford.edu/cee/courses/earth_sciences.html

            Regards,

            Pierre Goovaerts

            | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts