GEOSTATS: space-time analysis again (plus mini summary)

  • Linda Lilburne
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 2:34 PM
      Hi

      Earlier this week I posted a query about how to statistically identify and
      test for significance of hot spots in space and time. Unfortunately I've
      had to resubscribe to geostats as I've seen no traffic on the list for
      several weeks now - including my own request. So if anyone replied
      directly to the list, please could you re-send your reply (directly to me) as
      this list isn't archived until the 15th. If anyone else fancies helping, then
      your suggestions would be very welcome. Original message is below.

      I had two direct responses - one promoting ISATIS, the other suggesting
      spectral analysis. (Thanks). I will summarise further if any more
      suggestions are forthcoming.

      Regards
      Linda Lilburne

      Orignal Message
      A colleague has some data on the presence of Tb in possums in NZ
      forests. The possums were trapped along 10 irregular (not straight)
      lines of 20 traps for 3 consecutive nights, each year for 5 years.
      Therefore we have locations of possums with Tb and the location of
      possums without Tb. What she would like to test statistically is
      (1) whether there are 'hot spots' of Tb (ie Tb not distributed regularly or
      randomly), and
      (2) whether these 'hot spot' persist through time (years).

      Suggestions are welcome as to what statistical test is appropriate and
      what shareware software is available to help her with this analysis. She
      has tried without success the sample disk that comes with the book
      Interactive spatial data analysis / Trevor C. Bailey, Anthony C. Gatrell