GEOSTATS: geostatistics and categorical data

  • Malin Fahller
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 4:05 AM
      Hi!

      I am interested in estimating the 3D extention of different geological
      layers, i.e bedrock, sand and clay. In the normal case when geostatistical
      methods are used, the data is quantitative (elevations, percentage ...). In
      my case the data is qualitative, or categorical (there is no gradation
      between sand and bedrock).

      * Is it possible to use geostatistical methods for this kind of estimations?
      * Has anyone seen any references on the subject?

      /malin
      Malin Fahller
      LuleƄ University of Technology
      Geographical Information Technology