GEOSTATS: QUESTIONS

  • Victor Luque L.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 1998
      Hi, I introduce myself
      I am a peruvian student of postgrade "Cs. vegetables-Crop Production" at
      the Pontificia Catolica de Chile, and I am doing my thesis about Impact
      Ecological in soils that are removed for to extract an special sand that
      has so much use in construction and it is in subsoil about 1.5-2.5 m
      deep. It provocates that many properties are modifying so I had been
      sampling in no removed and removed areas and I am determined chemical,
      phisycal and mechanical properties.
      In this moment Iam doing the analisys and discussion of results, and I
      need some advices about how I can compare these results. I had programmed
      to compare using classic statistic, but I have been reading a little about
      geostatistic and surface tendency as methodologies that calculate much
      better the variability so it permit a good interpretation. (I have an
      aproximate of distances between sample points).
      I will thanks opinions, and if somebody knows about some software that
      permit to do 3D surface plotting and/or adjusted the surface using surface
      tendency or others conveniently methods.
      I know that my information is not enough, but If somebody interest it I
      could give more information and talk it.
      I am sorry my english, Thanks a lot.

      Victor Luque L.
      Dpto. Cs. Vegetales
      Facultad de Agronomia
      Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile