Re: GEOSTATS: variogram, again

  • Pierre Goovaerts
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 1998
      Indicator semivariograms are indeed the perfect tools for
      detecting the presence of scale-dependent correlations
      between categories.
      A good reference for application of geostat structural tools
      to ecological data is:
      Rossi RE, Mulla DJ, Journel AG, Franz EH (1992) Geostatistical
      tools for modeling and interpreting ecological spatial dependence.
      Ecol. Monogr. 62: 277-314

      Regarding the general issue of scale-dependent correlations,
      you can take a look at the following references:
      - Goovaerts P, Webster R (1994) Scale-dependent correlation
      between topsoil copper and cobalt concentrations in Scotland.
      Eur. J. Soil Sci. 45: 79--95
      - Goovaerts P (1997) Geostatistics for natural resources evaluation.
      Oxford Univ. Press, New-York, 483 pp.

      | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts
      |_ \ / _| Assistant professor
      | | The University of Michigan