GEOSTATS: GEOPACK vs GEOEAS

  • William C. Thayer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 1998
      Hello. I requesting feedback on the use of the subject software. I am
      a beginner to geostatistics. My goal is to estimate the mean and
      variance of soil contaminant concentrations using parametric and
      non-parametric methods. I may attempt some cokriging and indicator
      kriging. What are the advantages/disadvantages, capabilities, etc of
      the two software packages. For example I am interested in: ease of
      use, quality of the graphics, capability to export/import files to/from
      ARCINFO, etc. Feedback on other features is welcome and would be
      greatly appreciated. Thanks,
      Bill Thayer
      SUNY-College of Environmental Science and Forestry
      410A Bray Hall
      Syracuse, NY 13210