GEOSTATS: geostatistics in dam engineering

  • Marc Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 1998
      I want to know if there are some references about the application of geostats
      in the characterization of as-built geotechnical parameters of earth dams.

      Thanks

      Marc Smith
      msmith@...
    • Yoshiro Nagao
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 1998
        I am looking for a postgraduate distance learning course
        or external course of geostatics-related field. ( quantitative geography,
        computer science).

        A prospectus from UNIGIS(http://www.unigis.org) is received.

        Does anybody have other recommendation on distance learning?

        I am interested in the following fields, for example:
        - optimal allocation problem for Public Health resources
        - spatial analysis applied to detect disease ethiology
        - distributed database management

        I have been using Mapinfo, Grassland and ERmapper as GIS.

        Nagao Yoshiro
        International Centre for Medical Research
        Kobe University