Re: GEOSTATS: Boundary delimiter algorithm!

  • roswell marjorie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7 10:44 AM
      Check out the bottom of

      http://www.sfiltd.com/products.htm

      "The Convex Hull Generator creates the polygon which you would get if each
      datapoint were a nail in a board and youstretched a rubber band around the
      outside of all of them. "

      This is a MapInfo-based solution.

      Margie

      On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Paloma Urbano Lopez de Meneses wrote:

      > Hello to everyone!
      >

      > I am trying to delimit a boundary out of a disperse set of points
      > considering only the most external ones.
      > The example should be something like the following,
      >
      > + +
      > +
      > + +
      > +
      > + +
      >
      > This are the disperse points
      >
      > The algorithm will delimited the outside boundary.
      >
      > +-----+
      > / + \
      > / + +
      > + |

      Marjorie Roswell, Spatial Analyst
      UMBC Center for Health Program Development and Management
      1000 Hilltop Circle Fx: (410)455-6850
      Baltimore, MD 21250 E: roswell@...
      Ph: (410)455-6802 http://umbc.edu/~roswell/mipage.html