GEOSTATS: Variowin 2.2 Demo: Error message under Win95

  • Tom Orum
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 1998
      Greetings,

      I have downloaded the Variowin 2.2 Demo and have a mystery.
      It runs on my older Pentium PC with Win95, but the same programs
      fail with my newer machine also a Pentium PC with apparently the same
      operating system.
      I get the same error message whether starting PreVar2D, Vario2D or model.
      The message appears when I attempt to open example.dat:

      Error: Floating Point: Square Root of Negative Number.

      I noted the FAQ regarding Win95 and Microsoft Plus and have "stopped using
      the system agent" per instructions.

      Has anyone else had a similar error message? Somehow my system settings
      for the two machines must be different, but it is not obvious where.

      Thanks for any suggestions.

      Tom Orum