GEOSTATS: Modelling trends

  • C.D.Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 1998
      Hello,

      I am currently trying to get some Fortran 77 code working to compute least
      squares residuals from a polynomial trend of 1st to 3rd order for
      matrices in x, y, z format. I want to do this as a prior step to computing
      variograms for a moving window. I have some code but it is proving rather
      unstable for particular data sets and gives nonsense results in some cases.

      I am wondering, therefore, if anyone on the list knows of any public domain
      Fortran code for this purpose which is fairly stable in most circumstances.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Many thanks.

      Chris Lloyd

      --
      C.D.Lloyd
      cdl195@...

      Department of Geography,
      University of Southampton,
      Highfield,
      Southampton,
      SO17 1BJ
      United Kingdom
    • C.D.Lloyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 1998
        Hello,

        I would like to thank all those individuals who replied to my
        ai-geostats message (of February 23rd) concerning Fortran code to compute
        residuals from a polynomial trend. All those concerned should, by now, have
        received a reply.

        Several list members made suggestions concerning sources of code and
        programs. If any list members are interested I will gladly send further details.

        Ed Isaaks sent the following references for robust variogram estimation:

        E. Isaaks and R Srivastava. "Spatial Continuity Measures for
        Probabalistic and Deterministic Geostatistics", Mathematical Geology,
        20(4):313-41, 1988

        R. Srivastava and H. Parker, "Robust Measures of Spatial Continuity", in
        M. Armstrong, editor, "Geostatistics", pages 295-308, Reidel, Dordrecht,
        Holland, 1988

        Thanks again to those individuals concerned.

        Chris Lloyd

        --
        C.D.Lloyd
        cdl195@...