GEOSTATS: Lead at trap and skeet ranges

  • jeff_myers@mk.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 1998
      Bill Thayer wrote:

      I am a graduate student at the State University of New York-College of
      Environmental Science and Forestry. My m.s. thesis topic involves
      estimating distribution parameters derived from geostatistical
      analysis. I am interested in obtaining additional data on lead
      concentration and lead shot count data in soil and sediment at active or
      closed skeet and trap ranges. I am also interested in obtaining copies
      of related research, studies, papers, etc.

      I don't know of any papers on lead shot count data in soil, but we may be
      doing a similar analysis in the near future. If you come across any papers,
      please pass them along as we would be very interested. Thank you.

      You may want to review Francis Pitard's book "Pierre Gy's Sampling Theory
      and Sampling Practice: Heterogeneity, Sampling Correctness, and Sampling
      Practice" (CRC Press, 1993), or my book, "Geostatistical Error Management:
      Quantifying Uncertainty For Environmental Sampling and Mapping" (Van
      Nostrand Reinhold, 1997) for strategies to determine lead shot count in
      soils.

      Does your work have anything to do with the Connecticut Coastal Fisherman's
      Association vs. Remington Arms Co., E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co. lawsuit
      regarding Long Island Sound? This case had interesting and important
      rulings regarding the defintion of solid hazardous wastes.

      Best Regards,

      Jeff Myers
      MK
      email: jeff_myers@...

      **This message was created in BeyondMail. Please ignore the ATTRIBS.BND
      attachment if you are not a BeyondMail user.