GEOSTATS: Word extract of Geo-Eas User´s Guide

  • Dr Paul R Earl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 1998
      Dear Geostaters,
      Ask me for a zipped attachment in Word of an extract of the
      Geo-Eas manual, if you want it. Of course, there is no bona fide
      substitute for:

      Englund, E. & A. Sparks. 1991. Geo-Eas 1.2.1,
      User's Guide. Environmental Monitoring Systems,
      US Environmental Protection Agency, Las Vegas.

      The trifling conflict is nonWord vs Word, and the larger conflict is
      DOS,UNIX and WINDOWS. Windows is happy when it's dominating you and
      everthing and complains bitterly about closing DOS programs, etc. Then I
      don't have a readily available Unix server! So perhaps we all have
      incompatibility problems. Thanks to Acrobat Reader, I read the given
      manual. I felt I should get it into Word so I did. Unfortunately, I
      don't know an easy way to get the illustrations out of Acrobat so I, as
      valuable as they are, left them out of my 64-page extract.

      More, here in Mexico, we might be looking ahead to get teaching texts
      into Spanish. Mathematics, statistics, biogeography (ecology too) and
      geology are, shall I say, at a low level of intuition.

      Best, Paul R Earl