  • Bharat Lohani
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 1998
      Hi,
      Thanks a lot to all who responded to my query on :

      "a book on stochastic simulation; should be very basic and illustrated
      with examples ( pref. from Geoscience ) and specially designed for a
      beginner"

      Here is the summary of responses I received.

      Bharat Lohani
      ESSC
      University of Reading

      Summary of responses :

      1. J.M. Yarus & R.L. Chambers (1994), Stochastics Modeling and Geostatistics, Principles, Methods, and Case Studies. (AAPG Computer Applications in Geology, No. 3)
      2. GSLIB by C. Deutsch & A. Journel, Oxford Univ. Press, 2nd ed 1996
      3. Isaaks and Srivastava, An Introduction to Applied Geostatistics,
      Oxford University Press, 1989

      4. Computer Simulation in Geology by J. Harbaugh & G. Bonham-Carter
      Wiley, 1970!!!
      5. Stochastic Simulation by S. Ross.