GEOSTATS: GEOSTAT: kriging and stationarity

  • Beatrice Eiselt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 1998
      Hi there,
      I'm looking for some information on how to check for the stationarity
      assumption when using kriging for the evaluation of climatic average data.
      What techniques can be used and, for moving windows statistics, what
      criteria can be used to determine if the data values are stationary or not,
      as a small variation is normal I suppose. Furthermore I'm wondering when
      local stationarity can be assumed??
      Any sugestions are welcome.

      Thanks,
      B.Eiselt

      Beatrice Eiselt
      Joint Research Centre of the European Commission
      Institute for Systems, Informatics and Safety
      Joint Research Centre
      21020 ISPRA (VA)
      ITALY

      Tel +339-332-785941