Re: GEOSTATS:latitude transformation

  • Med Bennett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 1998
      Hello Alison -

      There is a free program called Corpscon put out by the US Coast and
      Geodetic Survey which will convert from lat/long to UTM etc. It is
      available at http://www.tec.army.mil/TD/corpscon.html or other places I'm
      sure. Let me know if you want me to try to send it to you.

      Cheers,
      Med Bennett

      At 11:53 AM 1/6/98 GMT, you wrote:
      >This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for Viruses
      >by ADAS before dispatch to the Internet.
      >

      >Form: Memo
      >Text: (27 lines follow)
      >
      >Happy New Year all Geostatsers!
      >
      >I have some data collected at different latitudes (relatively small range)
      >
      >which I would like to transform into km so I can carry out some
      >
      >geostatistical analysis.
      >
      >Can anyone tell me what would be the easiest way to go about this ?
      >
      >Many thanks
      >
      >Alison
      >

      >________________________________
      >Dr Alison Riding
      >ADAS Consulting Ltd.
      >Woodthorne
      >Wolverhampton
      >WV6 8TQ
      >U.K.
      >
      >Tel: +44 (0) 1902 693129
      >Fax: +44 (0) 1902 693166
      >E-Mail: Alison_Riding@...

      *********************************
      Med Bennett
      http://www.indra.com/~mbennett
      mbennett@... (home)
      bennettm@... (work)
      303-449-0648 x128 (work)
      Boulder, Colorado USA
      40d 1.635' N, 105d 17.320' W
    • Peter von Bertoldi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 1998
        Hi, I used a couple of utilities, but the more versatile is proj.4 from
        USGS, you can get it at
        http://kai.er.usgs.gov/ftp/PROJ.4/proj.html
        they have DOS and UNIX versions

        --------
        Peter von Bertoldi Phone: (519) 824-4120 x 4264/2904
        131 Richards Building Fax: (519) 824-5730
        University of Guelph pvonbert@...
        GUELPH, Ontario Dept home page is working now ;-{)}
        Canada, N1G 2W1 http://www..uoguelph.ca/lrs/