GEOSTATS: program-help

  • NISAR AHAMED T R
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 1997
      Respected professors,
      I am a research student doing Phd in civil engineering at Indian
      Institute of Technology, Bombay, India. I am working in the areas of
      development of Knowledge Based decision Support system for watershed
      management(GIS Based).
      Currently I am concentrating on development of surface runoff
      models spatially. For the estimation of length of flow and hence time of
      travel I am following the eight direction pour-point model method for
      flow. I have used a heristic approach where in which with the given pixel
      as centre,a circle is drawn and elevation are noted for all the pixels on
      the circumference.This procedure is increased by increasing the radius and
      degrees till it hits a stream.Length will be estimated from given
      pixel position to a position when it hits the stream. After this again it
      is to compare whether this point is having minimum elevation,ifnot
      increase again the radius.
      Once the pixel on drainage is reached, thereby reaching the outlet of
      watershed is easier. However, I am doubtful from validation point of
      view.
      Could you please advise me in this regard. Your suggestion on this will
      be
      highly acknowledge

      Thanking you sir

      your faithfully