GEOSTATS: Re: Have not heard af S-language

  • Nagapee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 1997
      "Martin Hvidberg" <HM130366@...> sama said:

      >> Dose anybody use "S language"?
      >
      >I'm affraid I have not, though I have been working with GIS for some
      >time, so I find the question wary interesting.
      >
      >If you get som equaly interesting answers I would ask you, please to
      >compile these into a short substract and re-destribute it on this
      >mailing list.
      >
      >I think a lot of reasearchers, and others are interestet in the
      >subject.

      I got 30 days trial version of S language here in Japan.
      You can get related information on
      http://www.mathsoft.com

      $150 for student in US. ( I am a voluntary salesman, now.)
      $1500 from Japanese retailers.
      The branches in US said they do not sell directly to Japanese.

      Also
      A HANDBOOK of Statistical Analyses using S-PLUS
      Brian S.(for S-PLUS?) Everitt
      Chapman & Hall

      Addon software 'Spatial Stats' has ARC/INFO link,
      though I cannot afford ARC/INFO.

      I found S is prevalent in my field, biostatistics.

      You can repeat and even distribute your own statistical procedure
      in a form of some script. Seemingly, flexible.

      I am now working to learn it, but it is very difficult.
      I would like to decline to say it is a good buy or not.

      Are there any geostats in this ML who use S?

      International Centre for Medical Research
      Kobe University
      Nagao Yoshiro ( means LONG TAIL )
      nagapee@...