GEOSTATS: Catagorical Kriging

  • GLEN LANDRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1997
      I recently read an article by Amilcar Soares (Mathematical
      Geology, V.24, No. 2, 1992) concerning kriging of categorical
      data.

      The method selects a categorical value based on highest
      probability of its occurrence at a grid node using the kriging
      variance from each of the categories kriged separately. The
      selection process, however, is tempered to match the
      proportions input data set, thus avoiding an over
      representation of the more highly sampled categories.

      Does anyone know of a software program which implements
      Soares method?