GEOSTATS: comparison of surfaces

  • Alison_Riding@adas.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 1997
      This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for Viruses
      by ADAS before dispatch to the Internet.

      Form: Memo
      Text: (34 lines follow)

      Hi Geostatsers, many thanks for an excellent mailing list.

      A quick query - I hope this isn't overlapping too much with what has already

      been said or may be covered by the SIC.

      If you have interpolated maps produced from different methods of from

      different levels of grid sampling, what methods can be used to quantify the

      differences between the maps. Correlation coefficients may tell you about

      the strength of the relationships, but the significance of the relationships

      would have to be adjusted to take into account the lack of independence in

      the data. Can anyone suggest anything more sophisticated (but relatively

      simple) to assess differences ?

      I would be very grateful for any suggestions people can offer

      Best wishes

      Alison

      Dr Alison Riding
      ADAS