GEOSTATS: summary external drift kriging

  • Nicola Fohrer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 1997
      Dear collegues,

      here is the summary of the answers I received after putting the
      following question:

      > does anybody have information about literature describing external
      > drift kriging and of software which is capable of doing it?

      See: GSLIB, Geostatistical software library and users's guide
      (C. Deutsch & A. Journel, Oxford Univ. Press; FORTRAN source
      codes, second edition has just appeared).

      Gslib is one option, gstat another.
      http://www.frw.uva.nl/~pebesma/gstat/

      {\sc Hudson G \& Wackernagel H} (1994) {\sl Mapping temperature
      using kriging with external drift: theory and an example from
      Scotland}.
      International Journal of Climatology, 14, 77--91.

      Thank you for the very usefull literature and software suggestions !!

      Nicola

      ********************************
      Dr. sc. agr. Nicola Fohrer
      Wissenschaftliche Assistentin