GEOSTATS: Change of AI-GEOSTATS homepage

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 1997
      Greetings to all,

      the winter is coming and AI-GEOSTATS has received a new coat
      (its Christmas present).

      You may have slower performances and the new server probably won't
      have the same good maintenance as before...

      ....but I had 100 good reasons to move the WEB site to a new server.

      So please update your bookmark to

      http://curie.ei.jrc.it/ai-geostats.htm

      The design and concept has been upgraded. No worries for those
      using basic web browsers, I haven't been using frames so that
      you can bookmark the pages to you interest.

      You will find new search facilities (to look in the archives with
      the help of keywords, find a software according to keywords, find
      people working in your field...)

      The SOFTFAQ has been fully checked and improved. I will
      add references to GIS tools when I will have more time.

      The Book project will be included in the Newsletters topic..which
      is still under construction. I have to think about a new concept
      as we haven't been very far yet with this project.

      Last but not least, there is nothing yet under the topic "courses".
      If you want to announce a course related to spatial statistics and/or
      geostatistics you can do it directly with the use of a form.

      If you have enjoyed the AI-GEOSTATS pages, please do me
      3 favours to make these pages really efficient:

      1) Join the special subscribers list in the new pages. I didn't
      transfer the previous list because of the change of the design and
      the use of new tools. So you have to store your info again if you did
      before.

      2) If links are not working, if you find errors, please drop me a mail.

      3) If you know links to AI-GEOSTATS, please ask the webmaster to
      update the link to http://curie.ei.jrc.it/ai-geostats.htm

      The mailing list itself won't be changed at all. It will still run under
      Majordomo with the excellent support of Jeff Wolf.

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      <gregoire.dubois@...>
      <Moderator of the AI-GEOSTATS mailing list>