GEOSTATS:Summary-moving windows

  • Beatrice Eiselt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 1997
      A brief summary of the suggestions I received:

      From: Med Bennett <bennettm@...>
      I have used IDL (http://www.rsinc.com) to calculate moving window
      statistics. It is not difficult to write a short program to do this. Let
      me know if you want more info.

      From: marchisio@...
      with excel you had to write a procedure like this:
      for j1=StartingRow to EndingRow
      for j2=StaringColumn to EndingColumn
      ParameterYouWant=Function(cells(j1;j2):cells(j1+RowsToBeSelected;j2+ColumnsT
      oBeSelected))
      MessageBox(ParameterYouWant)
      next
      next
      naturally you can write something more complex building a dialog box with
      many parameters displayed.

      From: "Vasiliy V. Demyanov" <vasia@...>
      Regards you question about mowing window statistics, I can suggest you
      3Plot32 software for Windows,
      which is a general purpose spatial data analysis postprocessor.
      Among other visualization and processing tools it includes moving window
      statistics calculate function and works with Geo-EAS files and SURFER GRD
      files. 3Plot32 is a shareware and you can get more information about it and
      download it at:
      www.ibrae.ac.ru/~mkanev/eng/3plot.html
      3Plot is supplied with On-line Help and documentation.

      Thanks for your suggestions,
      Beatrice Eiselt

      Beatrice Eiselt
      Joint Research Centre of the European Commission
      Institute for Systems, Informatics and Safety
      Joint Research Centre
      21020 ISPRA (VA)
      ITALY

      Tel +339-332-785941