Re: GEOSTATS: kriging in arc/info

  • szz@zycor.lgc.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 1997

      > From: Altaf Mubaraki <altaf@...>
      > To: pgis <ai-geostats@...>, esri-l@...
      > Subject: GEOSTATS: kriging in arc/info

      > Dear GIS gurus:
      >
      > My problem:
      >
      > But since I do not want the emissions to get
      > interpolated on to land (these, as I said earlier, are
      > strictly oceanic emissions), I created a line coverage consisting of
      > the world outline map with just the continental boundaries; and used
      > that as the barrier cover. The online help does indicate that barriers
      > option will significantly increase the processing time required to
      > interpolate the out_lattice but surely it shoudn't take more than few
      > hours at most, no?

      Consider generalizing the world outline map-derived boundary! Certainly
      adding boundary files will cost you CPU time, but I bet that you could
      get away with a lot less segments in the boundary file you are using.
      And CPU time should be roughly proportional to the number of boundary
      segments.

      SZoraster