GEOSTATS: Fractals estimation

  • Angel J. Polvorinos
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 1997
      Greetings
      I am looking for code of fractals measuremet algoritms published
      in Computers and Geosciences vol.19 nº6 :
      Jaggi.S, Quattrochi D.A. and Lam pg. 745-767
      Roach D.E. and Fowler A.D. pg.849-869
      I would appreciate if somebody knows where to get the programms or
      references to other free software.
      Thanks.
      Angel J. Polvorinos
      Dept. of Crystallography and Mineralogy
      Seville University
      Spain
      e-mail: polvorin@...
    • Gregoire Dubois
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 1997
        Angel J. Polvorinos wrote:

        > Greetings
        > I am looking for code of fractals measuremet algoritms published
        > in Computers and Geosciences vol.19 nº6 :
        > Jaggi.S, Quattrochi D.A. and Lam pg. 745-767
        > Roach D.E. and Fowler A.D. pg.849-869
        > I would appreciate if somebody knows where to get the programms or
        > references to other free software.

        Computers and Geoscience have their homepage where the codes
        of the programs presented in the journal can be downloaded.

        The page can be found at

        http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/gsc/iamg/cghome.html

        Best regards

        Gregoire
        --
        Gregoire Dubois Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 1997
          Dear Angel,

          I've just completed my PhD in the topic and used the variogram method for
          measuring the Hurst exponent or its counterpart, the fractal dimension
          If this helps I can provide the references and the codes for the using it.

          regards

          J. Felipe Costa Phone
          PhD Candidate in Geostatistics home:(55)(51)2229321
          Senior Lecturer work:(55)(51)3163357
          Mining Engineering Dept.
          Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Fax (work)
          Av. Osvaldo Aranha 99/504 (55)(51)3163394
          Porto Alegre - 90035-190 (55)(51)3163988
          Brazil