Re: GEOSTATS: 3-D variograms

  • Bill Wingle - GE
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 1997
      Jeff,

      > Could anyone suggest/comment on geostatical software that will work with
      > data in 3-D.
      >
      > Please respond to morisette@...

      I have a package called UNCERT, which works well for 3D data. It handles
      variography, simple and oridinary kriging, and discrete indicator simulation.
      It also integrates groundwater modeling and data visualization. It only runs
      on UNIX computers though (I hope to start the PC port in December). You can
      look at the features and download it from:

      http://uncert.mines.edu/

      A very good package is GSLIB by Deutsch and Journel. It is a large collection
      of FORTRAN codes which cover a wide range of geostatistical methods. The
      second edition was just released, but I haven't seen it yet. The book and
      software is about $50. Well worth the price. The reference for the first
      edition is (I can't find my secend edition notice):

      Deutsch, C.V, and A.G. Journel, 1992, GSLIB, Geostatistical Software
      Library
      and User's Guide, Oxford University Press, New York.

      ftp://banach.stanford.edu/gslib/

      Sincerely,

      Bill Wingle

      William L. Wingle, Ph.D. Department of Geology and Geological Engineering
      wwingle@... (and Computing Center)
      (303) 273-3905 Colorado School of Mines
      (303) 273-3859 (FAX) Golden, Colorado 80401
      http://www.mines.edu/fs_home/wwingle/