GEOSTATS: Freq.dist. ranges

  • Mark McCullars
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 1997
      Hello all,
      I have a data set of 475 geochem samples, including values for Au, Co, Cu,
      Pb, As, Mo, Sb, and Zn.
      I have these values displayed in Arc/Info Map view and would like to set
      up the range values via statistical means. I have calculated the threshold
      values by mean +2 std deviations but would like to set up range values for
      those values below threshold. Is there a user friendly application you may
      know of that will allow me to display this data in Histogram form, showing
      the freq dist curve while also establishing the ranges for data display?

      Am I completely off the mark in methodoloy here?

      thanks,

      _Mark