GEOSTATS: QUERY: calculating confidence intervals for kriged estimates.

  • Alistair W.A. Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 1997
      I have some data collected along a transect. I have kriged estimates (at
      1.5 km separation) of the variable of interest at points between my main
      observations (at about 12 km separation). I also have a short section
      with observed values at the shorter separation which I want to compare with
      the kriged estimates. I have a kriging variance (kvar) and number of
      points in neighbourhood (kn) from Geopack 1.0e. I want to calculate a
      confidence interval for each kriged estimate and see how many of my
      observations fall within these.
      I have calculated the CI as
      kriged estimate +/- t (with kn df) * sqrt(kvar)/kn

      Is this correct? With kn = 20 it gives a very small CI!

      Thanks for your help.

      Alistair Murray