[Fwd: Re: GEOSTATS: Semivariogram estimators. What about spherical models ?]

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 1997
      Greetings,

      To my last question I have received a very interesting
      answer from Victor de Oliveira <oliveira@...> which I
      forward here under to the list.

      Paying more attention to the models various authors have used confirms
      that spherical models are really widely used (the most used in
      geology said my supervisor). See the models used in Journel & Huijbregt,
      or all the papers of Webster & Co...
      So this means that even if the use of spherical models is discouraged,
      experience in geostatistics still shows the usefullness of such model
      (or that geostatisticians don't pay attention to the restrictions
      Victor mentions here under).

      Other answers and reactions are of course still welcome,

      Best regards and thanks again a lot to Victor !

      Gregoire