GEOSTATS: Nested Median Indicator Kriging

  • Glacken Ian
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 1997
      Greetings,

      I am chasing up any reference(s) on the Nested Median Indicator Kriging
      technique of estimation. I believe that this was first proposed by
      Michel Dagbert, but I have so far failed to find any references in the
      literature.

      Can anybody help me with a reference?

      Thanks

      Ian Glacken

      Ian M Glacken
      Manager - Ore Reserve Systems
      WMC Resources Ltd
      250, St Georges Terrace
      Perth, WA 6000
      Australia
      email: ian.glacken@...
      tel: 61-8-9442-2130
      fax: 61-8-9442-2230
    • Matthew Kay
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 1997
        Hi Ian,

        > I am chasing up any reference(s) on the Nested Median Indicator Kriging
        > technique of estimation. I believe that this was first proposed by
        > Michel Dagbert, but I have so far failed to find any references in the
        > literature.

        Have you looked at:

        "Nested Indicator Approach for ore reserve estimation in highly variable
        mineralisation" 92nd General Meeting of Canadian Institute of Mining

        Also:

        "Sequential modelling of relative indicator variables; dealing with
        multiple lithology", Dimitrakopoulos & Dagbert, Geostatistics Troia '92
        Soares-Amilcar (editor) xx SO: Kluwer Academic Publishers. Dordrect,
        Netherlands. 1993.

        The second is easier to get and easier to read (I have to say the second
        thing as Prof. Dimitrakopoulos is my supervisor!)

        hope this helps

        matthew

        | Matthew Kay | Uni: (617) 3365-3473 |
        | Postgraduate Student | Fax (617) 3365-7028 |
        | WH Bryan Mining Research Centre | |
        | The University of Queensland | Home: (617) 3870-3613 |
        | Qld, 4072, Australia | Email: mkay@... |