Re: GEOSTATS: Q: References on ANN's in mineral exploration

  • Patrick Wong
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1997
      Dear Juan,

      >I was wondering if someone could tell me
      >some reference on neural networks in mineral exploration.
      >I've been looking for papers on this matter (in PE&RS,
      >IJRS, Math.Geol., Comp.& Geosc.), but I've found only
      >one (Singer & Kouda, 1996. Math. Geol).

      I have two references which relate to petroleum geology. Hope
      it helps.

      Huang and Williamson, 1996, ANN modelling as an aid to source
      rock characterisation, Marine anf Petroleum Geology, 13(2),
      277-290.

      Baldwin et al., 1990, Application of a Neural Network to the
      Problem of Mineral Identification from Well Logs, The Log
      Analyst, Sept-Oct, 1990.

      Best regards,

      Patrick Wong

      Dr Patrick M Wong