GEOSTATS: Q: References on ANN's in mineral exploration

  • Juan P. Rigol
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1997
      Hello all. I do hope this somewhat "particular" question
      agrees with the list policy. So I must apologize if it
      doesn't.
      I was wondering if someone could tell me
      some reference on neural networks in mineral exploration.
      I've been looking for papers on this matter (in PE&RS,
      IJRS, Math.Geol., Comp.& Geosc.), but I've found only
      one (Singer & Kouda, 1996. Math. Geol).

      Any help would be really appreciated.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards.

      Juan P. Rigol,
      Ph.D. candidate _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/_/_/
      RS & GIS Lab _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
      Dept. of Geodynamics _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/
      Faculty of Sciences _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
      University of Granada _/ _/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/_/_/
      Granada. Spain
      E-mail: jrigol@...
    • Patrick Wong
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 1997
        Dear Juan,

        >I was wondering if someone could tell me
        >some reference on neural networks in mineral exploration.
        >I've been looking for papers on this matter (in PE&RS,
        >IJRS, Math.Geol., Comp.& Geosc.), but I've found only
        >one (Singer & Kouda, 1996. Math. Geol).

        I have two references which relate to petroleum geology. Hope
        it helps.

        Huang and Williamson, 1996, ANN modelling as an aid to source
        rock characterisation, Marine anf Petroleum Geology, 13(2),
        277-290.

        Baldwin et al., 1990, Application of a Neural Network to the
        Problem of Mineral Identification from Well Logs, The Log
        Analyst, Sept-Oct, 1990.

        Best regards,

        Patrick Wong

        Dr Patrick M Wong