GEOSTATS: SIC 97 deadlines + DEM Info

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 3:35 AM
      Greetings,

      sorry to disturb again with SIC97...

      1) Deadline for submission of primary results (1 st of October 97).
      I need only to receive by email the coordinates and the associated value of
      the points where the variable has to be estimated.

      2) The observed values will be released on the 3rd of October on the WEB.

      3) It is expected to have the papers published in proceedings in spring 98.
      Please give me your feedback about the prefered format for publication:
      online papers on the WEB (free) or a hardcopy of proceedings (would cost around 50-60 US$) ?

      3) For those who want to go into the details of the DEM,
      the whole information about it is available at

      http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/landdaac/gtopo30/README.html

      You will find there almost everything about it.

      Few words about the projection (I presume it won't affect much your investigations):
      all the data (DEM and rainfall measurements) were projected with

      Projection LAMBERT_AZIMUTHAL
      Datum NONE
      Units METERS Spheroid DEFINED
      Major Axis 6370997.00000 Minor Axis 0.00000

      Parameters:
      radius of the sphere of reference 6370997.00000
      longitude of center of projection 8 10 0.000
      latitude of center of projection 46 50 0.000
      Continue?
      false easting (meters) 0.00000
      false northing (meters) 0.00000

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      <gregoire.dubois@...>
      <Moderator of the ai-geostats mailing list>
      <http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/>