GEOSTATS: kriging paradox: references

  • Richard Gaze
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 9:51 PM
      Dear all

      To the multitude of people who responded to my kriging paradox message - many thanks.

      Many people asked for the references. I am happy to oblige:

      'Propagation of Error and Paradox in Geostatistics' by Robert F. Shurtz

      I don't think this has been formally published. It was sent to all delegates of the Wollongong 1996 Geostatistical conference. It is quite a thick document.

      All delegates later recieved

      'The Geostatistical Machine and The Drill Core paradox' (Shurtz)

      This is a geostatistical monograph published by the Mining and Metallurgical Society of America (MMSA) [9 Escalle Lane, Larkspur, CA 94939 ph.(415) 924 7441 fax.(415) 924 7463]

      Hope this helps.

      If you are really keen you could try contacting Shurtz himself. The address written on the inside of the PoEaPiG document is 'Robert F. Shurtz, Consultant, 1200 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94109'

      Regards

      Richard Gaze
      Geostatistician
      MRT Perth WA