  • J. Felipe Costa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 1997
      Dear John,

      Since the problem you posed consist in checking discrete (very dense)
      block model interpolated from a sparsely sampled data set, I would try a
      cross validation or jacknifing method.

      As far as I understood, the only information you have are the 137 sampled
      points and it is against them you can check your assumptions used in
      interpolating the entire grid.

      Unless you have further information to validate your model, the input
      sample data set seems to be the only reasonable info to be cross checked.

      Check in the geostat literature (Isaaks and Sirvastava 1989 for example)
      for the details in cross validation.

      cheers

      J. Felipe Costa, PhD candidate Phone:
      University of Queensland national: (07)3365.3473
      Dept. of Earth Sciences international: (61)(7)3365-3473
      Brisbane, Qld 4072 Fax: (07) 3365-1277
      E-mail: costa@... home: (07) 3878.6475